Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July Hits and Misses

     Hey everyone! It's officially August which means it is time for my July hits and misses. There are a few products and things I have been loving and not loving so much this month, so here we go!


Hits:

July Hits



     1. Naked 3 Palette: It's no secret I love my naked 3 Palette and it has been amazing to create fresh, clean, summer looks with. The soft pinky tones are great for creating beautiful natural looking eyes.
     2. Nyx Jumbo Lip Pencil in Chaos and Red Plush: It wasn't until last month that I discovered these beauties and I must say that I am addicted! I use mine as a full lip color/gloss. They are super pigmented and last for hours and while they do fade some after several hours, they leave a gorgeous stain behind.
     3. Essence Get BIG Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara: This is a new mascara that I finally got to try out this month. I LOVE it. It is super affordable and is my first taste of Essence cosmetic products. I think the brush is a little fat but it works amazingly and for $4 it really can't be beat.
     4.Last Vegas (movie): This is definitely one of the funniest movies I have watched in recent months. It is about 4 older friends who are in Vegas for one last hoorah with their buddy who is getting married to a (much) younger woman that weekend. In the end, secrets come out and the bachelor meets his true love.
    


Misses:



July Misses

    



     1. Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Deep Pore Cleanser: I got this as part of a sampler pack for Formula 10.0.6 products. I had never tried this brand before and I was honestly torn on the kit as a whole. This was one of those products I really didn't like too much. All of the products I tried were very natural smelling and this one was just too much for me to tolerate. It's not to bad as a product, but because of the smell I could not continue using it.
     2.Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara: I have the biggest love hate relationship with this mascara. Some days its the best thing ever and others I just hate it! This is one of those hate months. I guess I have really been loving big voluminous lashes lately so this just wasn't for me right now.
     3. Rimmel Eyeshadow: A few months back I had purchased a few of the Rimmel Glam Eyes HD Eye Palette sets. I had them tucked away and finally decided to break them out. I honestly wasn't too impressed with them. I felt like the pigmentation that I get with their Glam Eyes singles just wasn't there. I LOVE the singles and I use those every chance I get, but I just don't know what to do with these. Luckily I did get them on clearance for only $1 each.

So that is it for my July Hits/Misses. If you have any questions, as always leave them in the comments below because I ALWAYS try to reply to my subscribers comments and questions! :)


XOXO,
Glamourgirl220
"A Little Glamour Goes A Long Way"

No comments:

Post a Comment