Friday, December 27, 2013

Review: Coastal Scents 88 Original Eye Palette and 66 Lip Palette

     Hey guys! Today I want to talk to you about my first look and experience with coastal scents products!! I finally took the plunge on Black Friday, when they had their 50% off site wide sale and purchased two of their palettes. I got the 88 Original palette and the 66 Lip Palette. That way I could have a little variety in the products that they had to offer.
     To start off, I am going to talk about the 88 Original Eye Palette. I have to say I was a little shocked on the size of the palette but once I opened it up I was in awe of the amount of colors in there. The pots are each about the size of a dime, actually a tad bit bigger and they ARE pretty pigmented! Which means that they will last a long time because you don't need so much product. Plus, you have EIGHTY-EIGHT colors to choose from!!!! I would still use a primer with these though, especially the lighter shades to make them stand out with a truer color. To date, I have used about half the colors in the palette. They really are all useable colors, despite what others might tell you. You just have to have the proper know how of how to use and apply the colors.

 
See all the pretty colors!!! :)
 
      The colors apply really nice and smooth. They are very easy to blend and look awesome on! I definitely LOVE this palette and plan on purchasing many more of the 88 palettes! I think I will eventually have all of them. :)

    
     The other palette I purchased was the 66 lip palette. I have to say I am absolutely in LOVE with it! Now, these are more of lipsticks instead of lip glosses. So I definitely think you should be aware of that because I was expecting a lip gloss palette. The exception would be the clear and then the really light pinkish/clear color on the top row, 4th one in. Those are definitely more of a soft glossy consistency and look awesome over the other lip colors. You do need to be careful when putting those 2 colors onto a lip brush though, because it is very easy to dig into them and get too much. I have used about a third of the colors so far with everyday wear and just playing around with the palette. They are all really beautiful. The blues would even look awesome as part of a wintery themed outfit or costume (such as the "white witch" from the Narnia movies). The consistency for some of these is a little dry. I have been having to use a clear gloss to keep them from looking feathery and old. Overall I am very happy with the palette. It is definitely something I look forward to traveling with. Nothing is worse then having to travel with a bunch of lipsticks and having them get hot and melt all over the tube! This way I don't have to worry about the mess and I have a TON of options. :)
 
 
      Finally, I wanted to show the little extras they throw into the box. I got one of their business cards, an I Heart Makeup sticker, and an eye shadow sampler quad! I gave the quad to my sister because she loved the colors and it was great for her to use for school (she's in 9th grade). It would also be really nice to travel with overnight. It takes up next to no room (but you get an awesome amount of product for a sampler).


      Thank you guys for checking out my mini review. If you have never tried Coastal Scents and are on the fence about it, hopefully this has convinced you to take the plunge! :)

XOXO,
Glamourgirl220
"A Little Glamour Goes A Long Way"

1 comment:

  1. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.



    Lip Palette

    ReplyDelete