Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Whispers

     Good evening everyone!! Today I finally got to do my product review for the Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks. I apologize for it taking so long, but there are times when life gets crazy and job searching becomes a priority in life and that is exactly what this girl had to do!! Now I am back in the workplace and officially start my new job tomorrow. I couldn't be more excited. Okay, now back to the review after my quick little life update! :) 
     I purchased five of these lipsticks in a variety of colors. One of the things I love about this line is the variety of shades available. There are 20 shades available ranging from nudes to reds with all of your favorite shades of corals, pinks and berries in between. As time progresses, I hope they include even more shades to this line. 



     The texture of these lipsticks is unlike any that I have ever tried. Most lipsticks have a heavy feeling to them because they are made of wax, but these are different because they are so light weight and made of gel. They feel light and buttery on your lips and are not sticky at all. They leave a beautiful glossy finish as well, so you have no need for additional lip gloss. The pigmentation for these is surprising. With a name like Color Whispers you would think that it would be lightly pigmented with a buildable color. However, I have found these to be highly pigmented from the first swipe. In general, I love these lipsticks and plan on getting more until I have all of the colors (except the lightest ones).


     The picture above shows swatches of all of the colors I own. My personal favorite is 'rose of attraction'. I have been wearing that one almost constantly. It is a beautiful pinky/red color and looks amazing for a natural wash of color for your lips. As you can see, the color 'bare to be bold' is hardly noticeable against my skin and actually almost appears white on my lips. I am not sure who this color would work for but I know it does not work for me. That is why I stated except the lightest shades when I said I wanted all of the colors. 'Bare to be bold' is the second or third lightest shade available in the color whispers. 'Pin up peach' is also a really beautiful shade that I love wearing. It is a very true peach color.  'Pink possibilities' is a bright bubblegum pink color and is great for spring and summer. My latest purchase was the 'berry ready' as we transition into fall and I love berry colors in general. This one was a lot darker than I thought it would be, but I do still love it. For winter, I plan on purchasing
more berry and red colors. 

     Okay guys, that is it for my review on another great Maybelline product!! I hope this helped anyone who may have been on the fence about it. If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments below!

Xoxo, 
Glamourgirl220
"A Little Glamour Goes A Long Way"

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! With 20 shades, it's hard to choose. Are pin up peach and rose of attraction as similar on your lips as in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wondering because our skin tones look VERY similar.

      Delete
    2. Pin Up Peach shows very true to color on me and Rose of attraction is not quite as pink on my lips as on my hand. For me, it is slightly darker than my lips but in the same color family.

      Delete