Thursday, July 18, 2013

RIP Austin!

     Okay, I know this is definitely out of the ordinary to find on my blog, but I really just need to get this off my chest.

     On Tuesday, July 16, 2013, my friend, Austin, went missing while hiking in Yellowstone National Park. This morning (Thursday, July 18) after 2 days of searching, one of the helicopters assisting in the search located his backpack. They found Austin's body nearby.

     Austin had just moved from our small Georgia town to Montana a month ago. Austin was one of those people that you couldn't help but love. He was smart, funny, and had a lot going for him. I can't even express how I feel about this tragedy. He was only 23 years old. He had so much he wanted to accomplish in his life and now it is just over in the blink of an eye. He will be truly missed.

Image
RIP Austin Parker <3
 
 
     To all of the nature lovers out there, if you ever go hiking, canoeing, or anywhere else like that, don't go alone. Go with a friend, be safe, and always make sure that someone who is NOT going with you knows where you will be as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment